A short blog – idea-log regarding how AirFare Compare companies can optimize social media for their business :
- Open official Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Generate some followers by giving enticing deals.
- Check out the structure or buying pattern (Bit.ly – Which time of day links were accessed, how many times, how many actually bought)
- Post topics related to the industry and generate buzz through RTs and DMs.
- Engage actively with customers through social networks and spread the word through quality tweets.
- Measure the increase in overall influence. (Klout, TweetCounter, TweetDatabase etc)
- Use analysis to determine the buying patterns, demographics etc and use this to entice and classify similar customers.
- Detail the descriptions of who flies, which airline and how many times a month. This can give information about % of people who can be attracted through social media.
- Check ins -Foursquare and Gowalla gives instant heat map of customers flying, which airline they are flying to etc.
- A Tumblr blog with pictures with definitive airlines, tickets bought through etc will create linking for the Air fare comparison brand. Brand loyalty will go up.
FYI – I got a hunch about social media and these air compare websites and I wrote down the main bullets in rush before I lost it out of my head. 🙂